SEN Teaching Assistant – Kidderminster – September
A Mainstream Through School in Kidderminster are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting September for an ongoing role. You will be expected to support a small group of Yr.7/8 pupils who have been identified with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
**Interviews are due to be held early September.**
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School is a ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Through School where students can undertake their 14 year journey under one roof, all students can be assured of a warm welcome into the school community. The ethos of the school is one of caring and consideration for others and where kindness and individuality are celebrated. They provide a broad curriculum which is also designed to develop pupils personal attributes and students well-being. This School does not compromise on time given to the development of self and have several well established student groups that enable students to have a voice, as well as a network of peer support.
* You will supervise and support pupils identified with SEND during lessons following the direction of the class teacher
* You will provide detailed and regular feedback to the pupils concerning their learning, achievement and behaviour under the guidance of the class teacher
* You will communicate effectively with the class teacher with regards to the pupils engagement, progress, behaviour and any issues that arise in class or around school
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having SEND
* Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP) is desirable
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have high expectations of students to ensure they reach their full potential
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.