SEN Teaching Assistant – Selly Oak – Starting ASAP – Long Term
We are actively seeking school support workers and teaching assistants in the Selly oak area. Our client is a SEN school specialising in severe learning difficulties (SLD) that requires people who are passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children and young adults with additional needs such as learning difficulties and communication and sensory difficulties in KS1 and KS2.
Applicants must be willing to work with children and young adults with SLD and ASC needs and have relevant and/or previous experience working with SEN children or adults. This role is full time (5 days pw term time) and long term with the chance of permanent roles for the right candidate. Ideal candidate with have experience working with sensory children with communication difficulties using PECS etc
• Experience with SEN children and young adults
• Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all be patient.
• Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, and safeguarding
• willing to have a child and adult DBS check
• Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
• Team Teach desirable
• Communication and language experience desirable
• Personal care is a must
•Be punctual and reliable as the children require consistency
Typical duties of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
• Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
• Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
• Personal care
The key benefits for working with us are:
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• Competitive rates of pay
• Up to £125 referral scheme*
• CPD courses
• A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
• Long term positions to suit your needs
• Opportunities to progress in your career
• Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
We are very keen to speak with Learning Support Assistants, Residential Workers, Youth workers, SEN Teaching Assistants, Support Workers who are interested in this position. If you feel that this is you, apply ASAP.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.