SEN Teaching Assistant – Southam – September
A SEN School in Southam, Warwickshire are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting September on a temp to perm basis. You will be expected to support individual pupils or small groups of pupils aged 5-11 who need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by calling Katie/Charlie from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This specialist Primary School benefits children whose specific educational, communication and/or social, and or emotional needs cannot be met in mainstream settings. This welcoming Primary School provides a safe learning environment for children and young people with educational and social needs which are associated with the challenges of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attachment Disorder (AD), Autism (ASC), Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. In addition, some children have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. (SEMH).
The ideal candidate:
* Experience of working in a similar role eg. Mainstream School, SEN School, BESD School, PRU
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having special educational needs in particular those with ASD, ADHD and SEMH
* Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is desirable
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum and/or educational methods such as SPELL and TEACCH
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.