SENCO – Coventry – April
Pay rate: To scale
A Secondary School in Coventry are seeking a full time confident, passionate and qualified Special Educational Needs and Coordinator (SENCO), to provide an effective and efficient clerical and welfare support to the school. This exciting new role is to start April until the end of the academic year.
This SENCO role will give you the opportunity to continue to shape and enhance the excellent provision that is already in place, helping and supporting pupils to build upon their skills and aspirations whilst also nurturing their social, pastoral and emotional development.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated school is a fully inclusive comprehensive school. Their ethos centres around improving the life chances of all young people. They believe it is their responsibility to work with every individual, challenging them to achieve their best and supporting them to become responsible young adults who leave school prepared for the next stage in their development. Their aim is to develop young people who are Respectful, Responsible, Resilient and Ready to Learn.
– Lead the provision for SEND within school
– Ensure that the SEND Register is kept accurate and up to date and that staff are kept informed of student special educational needs
– Maintain the relationships with parents, teachers, support staff and external contacts to ensure the steady progress of pupils
– Responsible for relevant SEND admin such as reviewing paperwork and chair EHCP meetings with local authorities in attendance
– Ensure a robust process of identifying children for the SEND register
– Co-ordinate, implement and evaluate interventions
– Develop curriculum resources to ensure that students identified on the SEND Register have the required levels of support
– Develop and implement SEND policies, plans, targets and practices
The ideal candidate:
– Be a Qualified Teacher (holding QTS or equivalent)
– Hold or be working towards the National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCo)
– Experience of being a SENCO or Inclusion Lead in the last 5 years
– Highly organised team player, with a passion for providing children and young people with special needs with the best possible education
– You will be an innovative and dynamic person, who will take a major role in planning, developing and reviewing the learning support for all the young people in the school
– You will be energetic, with a strong sense of moral purpose and the ability to inspire the team to achieve the highest standards
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
**A variety of daily and short/long term positions to suit your needs
** Competitive rates of pay
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.