SEND Teaching Assistant/Support Worker Northfield Starting ASAP
Twenty4Seven Education are actively seeking Teaching Assistants or experienced SEND support workers in the Northfield area . Our client is a school that requires a SEND TA who is passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children and young adults with additional needs such as PMLD.
Applicants must be willing to work with children and young adults with PMLD needs and have relevant and/or previous experience working with SEND children or adults. This role may or may not involve personal care. This role can be part time or full time with the chance of permanent roles for the right candidate.
- Experience with SEND children and young adults
- Experience in personal care and/or PMLD
- Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all patient.
- Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, and safeguarding
- Willing to have a child and adult DBS check
Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
Typical duties of a SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
- Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Personal care
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
Competitive rates of pay
Up to £125 referral scheme*
A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
Long term positions to suit your needs
Opportunities to progress in your career
Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Twenty4seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.