SLD/ASC Supply Teacher – Birmingham – ASAP
Location: Sheldon, Sutton Coldfield, Kitts Green, Tile Cross, Selly Oak, Handsworth, Kings Heath and surrounding areas
Pay rate: £110-£160 per day
To fulfil the demand for daily and short/long term cover, we are now recruiting passionate, resilient, dedicated and qualified Teachers for SEN Schools catering for pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) in Birmingham.
Whether, you are a qualified Teacher who is available part time or full time, every week or every couple of weeks – your experienced friendly consultant will be committed in finding you supply work to suit your needs!
Alternatively, if your preference is for a long term/permanent position, register with us to be kept up to date with new vacancies. Many of which are EXCLUSIVE to us so you will not hear about these positions through other agencies!
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham.
** ECTs are welcome to apply!**
We are looking for qualified Teachers who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inspirational, creative and thought provoking lessons
to pupils including those identified with having SLD and ASC
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum and/or educational methods such as SPELL and TEACCH
* Have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have been involved in developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Have had experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
* Can monitor and assess pupils effectively maintaining high expectations, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy
* Team Teach, MAPA or equivalent trained is admirable but not essential
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Are able to use their initiative to work independently and who can contribute to and work as part of a team in their Department
* Are reliable and flexible to suit the expectations of the School
* QTS, QTLS, PGCE or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two teaching references covering the last 2 years
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.