Social Science Teacher – Rugby – September
** Start date – September
** Contract – Full time, Permanent
** Salary – Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
** Location – Rugby, Warwickshire
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, thought provoking, reliable and qualified Social Science Teacher to teach at a Secondary School in Rugby. This full time role is to start September on a temp to permanent contract.
*ECTs are welcome to apply*
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School is an ethnically mixed 11-18 comprehensive school, their aim is to put students at the heart of everything. They want students to develop the confidence, skills and qualifications to ensure that they are happy and successful.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver engaging Social Science lessons to teach pupils about the way that people behave within society, how they interact, how people influence the world and investigate what these factors mean. The subject area covers topics such as sociology, health and social care and personal, social, health, and economic education. You will then need to monitor and assess pupils using effective assessment to ensure pupil progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* This role is also suitable for ECTs looking for a supportive School to complete their induction year
* Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across the key stages
* Be able to plan and deliver thought provoking lessons
* Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 01218170400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.