1:1 Foundation Phase Teaching Assistant (Speech and Language)
**Starting ASAP to continue into the next academic year
Twenty 4 Seven Education is thrilled to be working alongside this modern and inviting primary school located in a residential area in Newport. They are looking for a Kind and passionate Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil with speech and language difficulties.
The school is dedicated to building an inspiring community with their team of trusted and hard-working staff. They value teamwork, trust and respect and work to provide a fun and stimulating environment to push their pupils to develop academically, socially, and personally. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant who will strive to demonstrate these qualities and help drive the pupils to become independent and empowered learners.
The successful candidate will begin working ASAP and will continue into the next academic year with the same pupil. They will work term-time from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays. The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with a pupil in the foundation phase with speech and language difficulties.
As a one-to-one SEN Teaching Assistant you will:
- Work one-to-one with a pupil with speech and language difficulties
- Assist the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress academically, socially, and personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them further in the best way possible
- Provide feedback to pupils to assist their development under the guidance of the teacher
- Discuss and put into action strategies to support the pupil with the teacher
The successful candidate:
- Will be compassionate, caring, and enthusiastic
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with speech and language difficulties
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will be able to implement and adapt learning activities
- Experience working in similar roles is desirable but not essential, teaching assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential