1:1 Primary Teaching Assistant
** Location: Cardiff
** Full time, Long Term
** September start to the end of the academic year
Twenty 4 Seven Education is excited to be working alongside a successful and inviting primary school in a residential area near Cardiff. They are looking for a one-to-one teaching assistant to work with a pupil in their Year 6 class with learning difficulties and epilepsy. They are looking for someone who is compassionate and dedicated to assisting the pupil in all aspects of their school life.
The school prides itself on its dedication to creating a stimulating and invigorating learning environment that is pioneered by their team of dedicated and supportive staff. They work hard to provide pupils with all the tools they need to develop not only academically but socially and personally. The school is looking for an enthusiastic and caring teaching assistant who will work within this team as a one-to-one for a pupil with learning difficulties, the successful candidate will provide a supportive and passionate approach to assist and encourage the pupil.
The successful candidate will be given a fixed term starting in September and continuing through to the end of the academic year, with the possibility of this becoming permanent. They will be working term-time from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays.
As a one-to-one SEN TA you will:
- Work one-to-one with a year 6 pupil with learning difficulties
- Assist the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress academically, socially and personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them further in the best way possible
- Ensure the pupils’ safety and supervise and assist their access to learning activities
Support the classroom teacher and work with small groups of pupils
The successful candidate
- Will be enthusiastic, approachable, and passionate
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with SEND
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will be able to implement and adapt learning activities
- Experience working in a similar role is desirable but not essential. Teaching assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential