1:1 SEN Foundation Phase Teaching Assistant (ASD)
Twenty 4 Seven are delighted to be working alongside an enthusiastic and successful primary school located in a residential area in Newport. They are looking for an experienced and compassionate Teaching assistant to work one-to-one with an SEN pupil with ASD.
The school is dedicated to providing the best possible educational experience for their pupils and providing support to further pupils learning and development. They pride themselves on being an inclusive school with pupils from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. The school places importance on the development of their staff, alongside their pupils, focusing on a rigorous self-evaluation process to improve and develop the educational experiences they provide for all pupils.
The successful candidate will begin working full-time in September working term-time from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays. The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with a pupil in foundation phase with ASD and supporting the teacher within the classroom.
As a one-to-one SEN TA you will:
- Work one-to-one with a pupil with ASD
- Assist the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress not only academically but also socially and personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them further in the best way possible
- Provide feedback to pupils to assist their development under the guidance of the teacher
- Discuss and put into action strategies to support the pupil with the teacher
The successful candidate will
- Will be passionate, enthusiastic, and caring
- Will have experience working in similar roles with individuals with ASD
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will be able to implement and adapt learning activities
- Teaching assistant qualifications are desirable but not essential