Secondary School Learning Support Assistant
**Additional Learning Needs
Twenty 4 Seven Education is delighted to be working alongside a modern and successful secondary school located in a residential area in Newport. They are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate learning support assistant to work with pupils with additional learning needs.
The school prides itself on their dedication to providing a stimulating learning environment to aid their pupils in their development academically, socially, and personally. The school is a diverse and welcoming environment that is run by a team of dedicated staff who strive to create the best educational experience and support for their pupils. They work to provide purposeful and progressive education and are looking for a learning support assistant who will be dedicated and enthusiastic about joining their pupils in this educational journey.
The successful candidate will begin working in September working term-time 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays. The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with pupils and in small groups with pupils with additional learning needs and supporting the classroom teacher.
As a learning support assistant you will:
- Work one-to-one with pupils with additional learning needs
- Work in small groups with pupils with additional learning needs
- Get to know the pupils and learn how to support them academically, socially, and personally
- Discuss and put into action strategies to support the pupils with the teacher
- Assist pupils in making progress not only academically but also socially and personally
The successful candidate:
- Will be enthusiastic, dedicated, and caring
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with additional learning needs
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will be able to implement and adapt learning activities discussed with the teacher
- Experience working in a similar role is desirable but not essential. Additional qualifications are also desirable but not essential.