We are looking for a positive and dedicated individual to support a year 1 pupil with speech and language difficulties. This role is based in a mainstream primary school in Cardiff (Ely). Consistency in support is key for the child’s progress and development; it is therefore essential that the right person is committed to the role.
You will be working closely with the child, supporting them in working through their individual education plan, which has been developed to support the child’s needs, whilst ensuring that they are able to access the curriculum and reach their full potential. You will be responsible for supporting and encouraging the child to complete tasks based on learning goals, feeding back to the class teacher on progress. You will identify areas where the child needs encouragement and provide this where needed. You will work with the class teacher to come up with new ideas and ways to support the child and keep the child focused and on-task. You may also work with the teacher to prepare/develop resources in line with this.
There are many benefits of the role, including:
• Gaining valuable experience with a skilled staff team who will help to improve your knowledge and skills within the SEN sector
• Working with pupils who are eager to learn
The requirements for the role are:
• A DBS on the update service (T4S Education can assist)
• Experience working with children or adults working with additional needs
• A dedication to creating a positive learning environment to pupils who are eager to learn
• Being a resilient, caring and supportive person
We at Twenty4Seven are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
This advert is for temporary positions. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please do not hesitate to contact Darcy on: email@example.com or call 02921602662.