1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
**Location: North Cardiff
**3 Months of relevant experience required
Twenty4Seven Education is working alongside this lovely primary school located in a residential area in the North of Cardiff. They are looking for a supportive and passionate Teaching Assistant to work one-to-one with a year 5 pupil with Learning difficulties.
The school works to create a welcoming and happy environment where pupils feel confident to develop and push themselves to become more active and passionate learners. The school is run by a dedicated team of staff who work together to create a stimulating environment where both pupils and staff grow and develop their skills creating an ever-evolving and developing learning environment. They are looking for a full-time teaching assistant who will continue this dedication to education and will prove to be a cheerful and welcoming presence within the classroom and school.
The successful candidate will begin in September and work full-time until the end of the academic year. They will work term-time during weekdays from 8:30 to 15:30. They will work one-to-one with a year 5 pupil with Learning difficulties supporting them academically and personally as well as supporting the classroom teacher and occasionally working in a small group of pupils completing learning activities set by the teacher.
As a One-to-one Teaching Assistant you will:
- Work one-to-one with a pupil with Learning difficulties
- Assist the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress academically, socially, and personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them further
- Work with the pupil and teacher to plan and put into action systems to help the pupil
- Support the classroom teacher and work in small groups completing learning activities set by the teacher
The successful candidate:
- Will be caring, enthusiastic, and approachable
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with SEN
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will have a minimum of 3 months of relevant childcare experience
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential (Training qualifications are available at discounted rates)
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.