1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
**3 Months of relevant experience required
Twenty4Seven Education is thrilled to be working alongside this lovely primary school located in Caerphilly who are looking for a passionate and kind Teaching Assistant to work one-to-one with a pupil with additional learning needs. The successful candidate will be supporting the pupil throughout their everyday school life and supporting the classroom teacher when needed.
The school is run by an amazing team of staff who work to create a welcoming and happy environment where pupils feel confident to develop and push themselves to become more active and passionate learners. The school prides itself on creating an enriching and enjoyable curriculum that encourages their pupils to explore the world around them and build their confidence. They are looking for a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil in the year 1 class with additional learning needs.
The successful candidate will benign working as soon as possible and will be working weekdays during term time from 8:30-15:30. They will work within the year 1 class supporting a pupil with additional learning needs and helping them throughout their daily school life.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the pupil with accessing the curriculum
- Assisting the pupil with developing academically, socially, and personally
- Support the classroom teacher in learning activities and classroom management
- Assist in preparing and completing learning activities
- Support the pupil on a one-to-one basis and discuss with both the student and teacher ways to further support the pupils.
The successful candidate:
- Will be kind, dedicated, and passionate
- Will have a minimum of 3 months of experience working within an educational setting
- Will have experience working with children with SEN
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not required.
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.