1:1 Teaching Assistant
**3 Months of relevant experience minimum required
Twenty4Seven Education is looking for a kind and compassionate teaching assistant to work 1:1 in their year 1 class with a pupil with Autism spectrum disorder. The school is a lovely primary school located in a residential area in Cardiff, they are looking for a teaching assistant to join their fantastic team of staff.
The school is run by a team of dedicated staff who work to create exciting opportunities for all pupils to grow and develop. They believe that pupils are each individual and work to create a stimulating learning environment that will cater to each individual. The school works to create a rich and innovative curriculum that is enjoyable and prepares pupils for their future in education and society. They are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual who will continue this passion for learning and support the pupils both academically and socially.
The successful candidate will begin working as soon as possible and will continue until the end of the academic year. They will be working term time from 8:30-3:30 on weekdays during the term time. They will be working one-to-one with a pupil in the year 1 class with autism spectrum disorder.
As a one-to-one Teaching Assistant you will:
- Work one-to-one with a pupil with ASD
- Assis the pupil in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupil in making progress academically socially and personally
- Get to know the pupil and learn how to support them in the best way possible
- Support the classroom teacher and work in small groups of pupils
The successful candidate:
- Will be compassionate, enthusiastic, and approachable
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with SEN
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will have a minimum of 3 months of experience working with children
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.