1:1 Teaching Assistant
**3 Months of experience required
Twenty4Seven Education is looking for an experienced and compassionate teaching assistant to work within this lovely primary school located in Caerphilly. They are looking for a teaching assistant to work in their year 5 class working one-to-one with a pupil with additional learning needs.
The school is dedicated to making a happy and welcoming environment and community where Students are able to develop and reach their potential. The school is run by a team of staff who are dedicated to providing a stimulating and enjoyable learning experience for all of their pupils dedicating their time and effort into creating activities that help the pupils develop academically, socially, and emotionally. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work one-to-one with a pupil in year 5, they are looking for someone who will be dedicated to supporting pupils and creating an enjoyable learning environment.
The successful candidate will begin working as soon as possible, this is a term-time role and will be from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays excluding school holidays. The successful candidate will work within the year 5 classroom as a one-to-one teaching assistant supporting a pupil with additional learning needs and helping the classroom teacher to prepare and complete learning activities as well as occasionally taking small groups of children to concentrate on a set activity.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Work one to one with a pupil with additional learning needs
- Assisting the pupil with accessing the curriculum
- Assisting the pupil with developing academically, socially, and personally
- Work with small groups of pupils working on set activities
- Assist in preparing and completing learning activities
- Learn how best to support the pupil in their everyday school life
The successful candidate:
- Will be kind, dedicated, and passionate
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will have experience working with children with ALN
- Will have a minimum of 3 months of experience working with children
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not required.
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.