Experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant (ASD)
**Minimum of 3 months of relevant experience
Twenty4Seven Education is looking for an experience 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work alongside this amazing primary school located in Caerphilly. They are looking for an experienced teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The school prides itself on its dedication and place within its community helping their pupils grow and learn to reach their full potential. They have created a diverse and enriching curriculum that works to challenge and create core values of trust respect and responsibility in their pupils. They encourage their students to explore and engage with the world around them to build their confidence and develop themselves not only as learners but as individuals. They are looking for a teaching assistant to work one to one with a pupil with Autism spectrum disorder assisting them in accessing the curriculum and getting the most out of their educational journey.
The successful candidate will begin working as soon as possible and will be working full-time on weekdays excluding school holidays from 8:30 to 15:30. They will be working with a pupil with autism spectrum disorder supporting them in their everyday school life and creating a safe and enriching environment for them to thrive in.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the pupil with accessing the curriculum
- Assisting the pupil with developing academically, socially, and personally
- Support the classroom teacher in learning activities and classroom management
- Assist in preparing and completing learning activities
- Support the pupil on a one-to-one basis and discuss with both the student and teacher ways to further support the pupils.
The successful candidate:
- Will be kind, dedicated, and passionate
- Will have a minimum of 3 months of experience working within an educational setting
- Will have experience working with children with SEN
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not required.
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.