Are you a graduate considering a future career in teaching?
Are you a recent graduate or just about to graduate and not sure what do next?
By becoming a graduate teaching assistant / Learning Support Assistant, you can get the experience you require to become a teacher in the future and add more skills and relevant experience to your CV.
Twenty4Seven Education are recruiting graduates for primary, secondary and SEN schools for a broad range of needs. We’ll help match you up to the perfect school and the ideal role based on what you want for your future and where your degree can best be put to use.
What type of jobs could you be doing?
- In a primary or SEN school you could be supporting a teacher with the day to day running of a classroom, working in small groups and assisting the learning.
- In secondary schools you could be placed in a department where your knowledge and degree could best be put to use, maybe as a scientist supporting experiments, or maybe in PE helping coach and running classes.
- You could be working 1 on 1 with pupils who need extra support with their learning because they have special educational needs. This could be a child with autism, Asperger’s or PMLD.
- Maybe you work in a secondary school as a pastoral mentor. This is where you’ll support the school with children with challenging behaviour, being a guide to these pupils and helping them achieve their learning goals.
- A recent graduate or just about to graduate from a UK university
- Hold a 2:2 degree or above in any subject field
- Willing to work full or part time between the hours of 8:30am – 4pm
- Have a strong interest in working in education and exploring a future opportunity as a teacher
Pay & Working Hours
- Graduate teaching assistants are typically paid between £9.50 and £11.50 per hour. Income figures are intended as a guide only.
- Full-time Teaching Assistants usually work between 32 & 35 hours per week. Starting the school day at 8.30am and finishing at 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break. There are also part-time, casual and job share options available.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We at Twenty4seven Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and barring service (DBS) check. This advert is for a temporary position, but it may become permanent at a later date upon school discretion.
To find out more, please do not hesitate to contact us.