Twenty4Seven Education is looking for a Teaching Assistant in Newport to have the opportunity to work in an excellent Primary school whose school’s core values are “Kindness, Confidence and Resilience”. The school is welcoming and prides itself on supporting both pupils and staff at achieving their greatness.
This school is looking for a dedicated and passionate Teaching Assistant who can work in KS2 as a Learning Support Assistant supporting a child in Year 4 who requires support with their stoma.
Purpose of the Job
• To work under the direction of the ALNCo as part of the Learning Support Team in supporting and including students with specific learning needs and disabilities.
To be the Teaching Assistant (TA) supporting various departments as required:
• support students with physical disabilities including personal care and physiotherapy needs
• work with teachers to support learning of students
• work flexibly according to need across the Academy
• support students in lessons, small groups and 1:1, to enable students with specific learning needs to access their curriculum
• provide feedback and records of progress/difficulties to the ALNCo as appropriate
• undertake administrative tasks at the direction of the ALNCo, including assisting with routine student testing
• promote student independence and develop students’ confidence and self-esteem
• act as readers/scribes/invigilators for students with exam access arrangements
• be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection; and report all concerns to an appropriate person.
Knowledge, experience and training
• Experience of working with or caring for children of the relevant age
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Applications are encouraged from candidates with relevant transferable skills and backgrounds in:
• Community work
• Social care
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Twenty4Seven Education is an REC audited agency and is dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.