We are working on an exciting opportunity with a ‘Good’ Primary School in Risca who are eager for a passionate graduate to join their support staff working with SEN pupils. The school is a mainstream primary with a proportion of students with special educational needs, meaning the role will involve working 1:1 with students requiring additional support. This role is ideal for those with the career ambition to work within education either in teaching or educational psychology. The role is full time during school hours with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
Main Duties will entail:
- Working with students that require additional support both on a 1:1 basis and within smaller group environments.
- Engaging SEN pupils and encouraging interaction with lessons and the curriculum.
- Supporting children with reading, writing and their work.
- Supporting the Class teacher with delivery of lessons.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience working with children within a school environment is desirable
- A good understanding of Special educational needs
- A flexible attitude and be able to adapt approach to meet learners’ needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The school is located in Risca and is within easy reach of public transport links. This is a wonderful opportunity for those wishing to work in a school environment, the school has wonderful SEN facilities to support their pupils and experienced and enthusiastic staff who work hard to give the children the best possible education they can.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for progression.
To apply for the role please submit your CV via the ‘apply’ button or call Darcy on 02921602662. All applicants will need a valid DBS and 2 references.