SEN School Support Worker – Newport – ASAP Start
We are looking for a driven and resilient and reliable SEN School Support Worker/Teaching Assistant for a SEN School in Newport to join their team, starting in ASAP on an ongoing basis.
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This ‘Good’ Estyn rated SEN School located in Newport caters for students aged 3-19 identified with a range of Special Educational Needs, including Autism, Moderate and Severe Learning Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health. They believe that education can help every individual achieve their full potential no matter what their ability. It’s this belief that drives them to be so passionate about the work they do with their learners and it is why their dynamic and bespoke approach works for so many disengaged and vulnerable young people. This school aims to create flexible, individualised programmes of learning support for children and young people who, for a variety of reasons, are unable to access mainstream education. From the point of referral, they focus on the special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) of the learner and on family support, in order to provide the most effective and appropriate educational intervention.Ideal Candidate will:
· Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification (Desireable)
· Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
· Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
· Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
· Be willing to register with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) if not already registered.
· Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Darcy from our Cardiff office on 029 2160 2662
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.