SEN Teaching Assistant
Twenty4Seven Education is looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work in this incredible special school located in Cardiff. They are looking for a teaching assistant to work within their foundation phase class supporting the classroom teacher and taking small groups of pupils to complete set learning activities.
The school is specialised in caring for children with special educational needs. They work alongside educational psychologists and educational professionals to create the most accessible and enjoyable learning environment for all their pupils individual needs. The school has a team of dedicated staff who put the needs and interests of the pupils first. They provide an inclusive learning environment that enriches and stimulates the pupils giving them a wide and in-depth learning experience. They are looking for a teaching assistant who will be dedicated to providing the best educational experience for their pupils.
The successful candidate will begin working as soon as possible and will be working weekdays during term time from 8:30 to 15:30. They will be working in the foundation phase class supporting the classroom teacher and working in small groups of pupils completing learning activities set by the teacher.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will:
- Work in small groups completing learning activities
- Assist the pupils in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupils in developing academically, Socially, and personally
- Get to know pupils and learn how to support them further
- Work with the pupils and teachers to plan and put into action systems to help the pupils
- Use accessible learning materials to support all student abilities
The successful candidate
- Will be patient, enthusiastic, and experienced
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have an understanding of how to support children with SEN
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will have experience working with SEN children
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.