Twenty4Seven education is delighted to be working alongside this Inviting and modern Primary school located in a residential area in Cardiff. They are looking for a passionate Teaching Assistant who will be a joyful and passionate addition to the classroom.
The school is run by a team of hardworking staff who have worked throughout the pandemic to continue to provide their students with a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment. The school works in partnership with its community to provide a rich and in-depth curriculum that they can be proud of. They work to engage and encourage students as they develop and grow. Throughout the academic year, they strive to develop pupils’ confidence and skills. Understanding each individual student and work with the students to support them in the best way possible. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant who will be dedicated to supporting students and will be a positive addition to the school.
The successful candidate will begin working in September and continue to the end of the academic year, with the possibility of this becoming permanent. They will be working weekdays during term time from 8:30 to 15:30. They will work as a general TA supporting the classroom teacher and occasionally taking small groups of pupils to complete learning activities set by the classroom teacher.
As a Teaching Assistant you will:
- Assist pupils in accessing the curriculum
- Assist the pupils in developing academically, socially, and personally
- Lead learning activities within small groups
- Work one-to-one with pupils to support their learning development
- Support the classroom teacher in class management
- Plan, prepare, and deliver learning activities with the classroom teacher
- Discuss with the pupils and teacher how best to support the pupils development
The successful candidate will have:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills – GCSE Maths and English
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Ability to use basic technology
- Ability to relate well to children and adults and respond appropriately
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A minimum of 3 months of experience working in an educational setting
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.