**3 Months of relevant experience needed
Twenty4Seven Education is looking for a teaching assistant to work in this amazing school located in a residential area of Cardiff. They are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work with their incredible team of staff providing the best learning experience for all of their pupils.
The school is dedicated to developing the inquisitive minds of their pupils and works to create a stimulating and enjoyable environment. They encourage children to problem solve and develop their creative and imaginative personalities and encourage their staff to develop themselves alongside the pupils to create a constantly evolving and improving learning environment. Striving to challenge and support children in a happy safe and caring environment. Their dedicated team of staff is looking for someone who will work to the best of their ability to continue this supportive and stimulating environment and provide care for the pupils.
The successful candidate will begin working as soon as possible. They will be working Monday to Friday during term times from 8:30 to 15:30 supporting the classroom teacher and working in small groups of children to complete set learning activities.
As a Teaching Assistant you will:
- Support the classroom teacher in preparing and teaching educational activities
- Work in small groups leading activities set by the teacher
- Get to know the pupils in the class and learn how to support them academically, socially, and personally
- Discuss and put into action strategies to support the pupils with the teacher
- Assist the pupils in accessing the curriculum
The successful candidate will have:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills – GCSE Maths and English
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Ability to use basic technology
- Ability to relate well to children and adults and respond appropriately
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- 3 months of relevant experience minimum
- Teaching Assistant qualifications are desirable but not essential
The Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
- Opportunities to work in a variety of local Schools & Colleges which enables you to establish where you work best
- Twenty-4-Seven support from your designated consultant
- Potential long-term roles
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend Scheme
Twenty 4 Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to obtain an Education Workforce Council (EWC) check. Full assistance will be provided.