Twenty4Seven Education is hiring an experienced Teaching Assistant on behalf of a two form entry primary school located in Newport.
Duties would include assisting the teacher in a Reception classroom and supporting children who require additional help. There are also responsibilities to work with small groups of children & occasionally 1 to 1. The candidate should also be able to think quickly & problem solve without the supervision of the teacher.
Experience within a classroom environment is essential. Having a current enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service would be advantageous, if not you will be required to pay for a new DBS before being introduced to schools.
• Position: Foundation Phase Teaching Assistant
• Type of work: SEN Teaching Assistant
• Contract or position start date: September 2022
• Duration / Likely Duration: Permanent
• Full time/part time Full time
• Minimum rate of pay: £75- £85 per day
• Hours: 8:30 am – 3.30pm (full day)
Requirements for this role:
• Previous experience working within a school
• Teaching Assistant qualifications are advantageous
• Ability to think quickly & without supervision
• Confident when working with small groups or 1 to 1
• Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment
• Driven to motivate the pupil and increase their participation
• Be caring, patient and have good communication skills
• Calming mannerisms in challenging situations
• The ability to grow individual personal development
• Willing to complete Safeguarding online training
The school is looking for someone to start ASAP, therefore I urge anyone with a keen interest to get in touch at the earliest convenience.