Twenty4Seven Education are currently recruiting for a Cover Supervisor who is a fluent Welsh Speaker to work on a full-time basis in one of our partnership Secondary Schools. The successful applicant will deliver pre-set work by the Subject Teacher in a variety of classes on a full-time basis ranging from Year 7 work up to GCSE level work.
What do I need to be a Cover Supervisor?
- Fluent Welsh speaker (for this position)
- Minimum 5 GCSEs in core subjects
- Passion for education
- Enhanced DBS certificate available on the Update Service (assistance provided)
- Registered with the Education Workforce Council
- Able to follow instruction and communicate
What does a Cover Supervisor do?
- Deliver pre-determined work to classes
- Take a register of attendance at the start of each lesson
- Manage any challenging behaviour in class in line with school policy
- Safeguard student wellbeing
- Follow instruction and communicate with line-management in school
The school is based in Newport and is a Welsh-speaking school. Therefore, to be considered for this position then you must be fluent in Welsh and confident in delivering education in Welsh and communicate to both students and staff. The successful applicant will be working with a variety of departments in the Secondary School covering sickness, Covid and other absences. This position is on a full-time basis due to the nature of the current climate of absences as the school has continuously required someone who can efficiently cover and follow pre-set instruction by Subject Teachers.
This advert is for temporary positions. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please do not hesitate to contact us on: email@example.com or call 02921602662.