Contract: Part Time
Twenty 4 Seven education are seeking to appoint a creative art teacher to join our client school based in Slough. The ideal candidate will join a dedicated and enthusiastic art team on a part time basis.
The ideal candidate will:
· Assist the Head of Department, Head of Faculty and the Assistant Headteacher (Curriculum), to ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the school’s strategic objectives.
· To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
· To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor
· To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
· To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
· To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
· To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Curriculum Area and Department.
· To contribute to the Curriculum Area and department’s development plan and its implementation.
· To plan and prepare courses and lessons.
· To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities. To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support where relevant.
· To work as a member of a designated team and to contribute positively to effective working relations within the school.
· To take part in the school’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
· To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
· To take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings Parents Evenings, Review days and liaison events with partner schools.
· To contribute to the process of the ordering and allocation of equipment and materials.
· To be a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students.
· To promote the personal and academic well-being of individual students and of the Form Tutor Group as a whole.
· To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in school and elsewhere.
· To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development, and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
· To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
A warm and vibrant atmosphere built on an ethos of mutual trust, high academic standards and a commitment to nurturing and developing every individual student. The school’s success is built on genuine collaboration and partnership between governors, staff, pupils and parents; a partnership which has great aspirations for every child. As Ofsted said in their verbal feedback the teachers are ‘enthusiastic, passionate and inspirational’.
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.