Twenty4seven Education are currently seeking an EAL (English as an additional Language) Support Assistant, full time for a Secondary School in Coventry. ASAP Start.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an EAL Support Assistant to assist in the support and inclusion of children with English as an Additional Language, under the leadership of the Senior Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion), SENDCo and Assistant SENDCo.
The postholder will work with a range of EAL students to enable them to access the curriculum and make good progress.
The role will support the SENDCo / Assistant SENDCo through providing support to learners with EAL including: mentoring, identifying barriers to learning, intervention plans, bespoke support, supported study, creating resources and liaising with parents, key staff and teachers.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a good understanding of the needs and characteristics of students across the age range 11-19
• A good understanding of identifying EAL needs or barriers to learning, creating bespoke interventions and resources
• Recent experience of working with young people either in a school setting, as a parent, or involvement in voluntary work
• Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in a challenging environment and work under pressure and handle situations with patience and sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to all stakeholders and maintain professional relationships
• Ability to relate sensitively to students and to contribute to a team approach to meet students’ needs
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply, we look forward to hearing from you.