We are working with a mainstream primary school in Newport who are seeking a full time Teaching Assistant to join their Reception Class in September 2022. The role is 5 days per week, term time only from 8.30AM – 3.30PM
The role would entail supporting the class Teacher and pupils. You will be responsible for running group sessions, 1-1 interventions, general class support during lessons, break time cover and other general assistive duties. You will also help with pupil assessments and feedback for teachers and carers. You will ensure their emotional and academic needs are met and that they are progressing well each week. You will also provide updates to parents and carers where needed.
- Hours approximately 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Reception Class Teaching Assistant
- Up to £75 per day
- Temporary long term
- Providing support within the classroom wherever required
- Delivering activities on one-to-one or small group basis
- Ensuring children are engaged
- Adapting to every individual pupil’s needs
- Helping with behaviour management of children
- Creating displays of children’s work
- Friendly, empathetic and motivating
- Attentive to needs of pupils
- Strong regard for pupil safety-and well being
- Caring, patient, and understanding
- Motivating with ability to engage pupils
- Good ability to manage behaviour
- Reliable and committed fully to each lesson assisted
T4S Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please do not hesitate to contact Darcy on: email@example.com or call 02921602662.