English Teacher/ Head of Media (Maternity Cover)
Twenty 4 Seven education are seeking to appoint a confident and dedicated English Teacher/ Head of Media to join our client school based in Slough. The ideal candidate will implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for student and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate. The school is looking to appoint a teacher that can facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
The ideal candidate will:
· To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Department.
· To contribute to the department’s development plan and its implementation.
· To plan and prepare courses and lessons.
· To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
· To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in school and elsewhere.
· To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
· To provide, or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
· To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
· To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
· To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
· To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and school procedures.
· To be a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students.
· To liaise with a Pastoral Leader to ensure the implementation of the school’s Pastoral System.
· To evaluate and monitor the academic progress of students and keep up-to-date student records as may be required.
· To communicate as appropriate with the parents of students and with persons or bodies outside the school concerned with the welfare of individual students, after consultation with the appropriate staff.
· To know the pupils in your tutor group well in order to provide the appropriate support.
· To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.