English Teacher (SEMH)
Full time, permanent
We are seeking an aspiring qualified English Teacher who could also teach Humanities to work within a secondary SEMH school in Worcester. The role is full time and permanent, due to commence in September.
The school provides education for students who have been excluded from mainstream school. You will need to be passionate about supporting young people and work well as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lessons to all students
- To assess each student and set challenging targets for them to ensure effective and aspiring progress.
- Prepare students for exams by conducting tests on a regular basis, extending working memory and ensuring they have a deep understanding of the subject.
- Link planning to the programme of study, linking to real world issues ensuring students gain the depth of knowledge they need to be successful in this subject.
The ideal candidate must have…
- Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Knowledge and interest in SEMH
- Evidence of working with children with challenging behaviour
- The ability to support pupils/respond to parents through fluent and accurately spoken English
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Effective communicator
- Excellent classroom organisation and Management
To find out more about the role and school contact us today or click ‘Apply’ with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure & Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.