Twenty4Seven Education is currently recruiting for a long-term full-time role starting in April for one of our partner schools based in the NP20 region of Newport.
As a full-time member of staff for the duration of the placement, you will be expected to carry out the duties of a Foundation Phase Teaching Assistant which includes:-
• Setting up equipment and helping to prepare the classroom for lessons, tidying up afterward, and helping with displays.
• Providing support to children who need additional help with their work.
• Helping pupils develop independent learning skills, manage their learning, and prioritise their time.
• Providing one-to-one and small group support to children who need it.
• Listening to children read.
• Helping the teacher with their marking and record-keeping.
• Looking after children’s pastoral needs, including dealing with playground accidents and caring for children who are upset.
• Helping with school trips, events, and outings
T4S Education works with several Primary schools within the Newport area regularly and by applying for this role we would look to utilise you within these schools regularly both before and following the placement.
What do we require?
• All applicants must have previous experience working with children in a similar or transferable area
• You must have a current DBS attached to the update service or be willing to complete a new DBS through T4S Education
• All staff working in schools as Teaching Assistants must hold registration with the Education Workforce Council under the category of “School Learning Support Staff”
We at Twenty4Seven are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
This advert is for temporary positions. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please do not hesitate to contact us on: email@example.com or call 02921602662.