HR Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Twenty 4 Seven education are seeking to appoint a confident and dedicated Personal Assistant to headteacher/ HR Assistant to join our client school based in Slough. The ideal candidate will perform all necessary tasks requested by the Headteacher. To undertake a full range of secretarial and administrative duties to the Headteacher and to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Headteacher’s office and daily business.
The ideal candidate will:
· Maintain a confidential and sensitive approach to all aspects of support
· Maintain the Headteacher’s diary and act as appointments secretary
· To assist the Headteacher in organising his/her administrative workload recommending items to be dealt with in order of priority. Ensure that the Headteacher responds to approaches within timescales identified in any agreed priority action list.
· Act as first point of contact for the Headteacher and to respond professionally, positively, and effectively, including telephone enquiries, receiving visitors and arranging hospitality, booking rooms, and serving refreshments.
· Provide a Personal Assistant service for the Headteacher, including administration support, correspondence, administration, and reprographics support, and booking events, courses and meetings as requested.
· Ensure the maintenance of clear and effective filing, records, and other systems and to keep them updated. Maintain confidential personnel files for staff as directed by the Headteacher.
· Open and distribute incoming mail, ensuring all relevant mail is brought to the attention of the Headteacher.
· Ensure Academy policies are up to date and published on the shared area and website
· Manage agendas, minutes and actions as required for the Senior Leadership Team
· Maintain personal correspondence and draft letters for approval by the Headteacher
· Assist the Headteacher with the planning and issuing of meeting agendas and take and publish minutes of these meetings
· Weekly bulletin to all staff and students
· Weekly school newsletter
· Minute teacher and all staff briefings held on a weekly basis
· Communication via Weduc system, sending out messages on behalf of the Headteacher and weekly
· communication to parents
· Processing and ensuring sign off for future event requests
· Organise functions and meetings for the Headteacher, including whole Academy and parent events (some of which will be outside normal Academy hours)
· Obtain DfE, OFSTED and other information and documentation and download internet material as required by Headteacher.
· Manage the Academy calendar, including yearly calendars for parents
· Attend and participate in regular meetings and participate in training and other learning activities, as require.
· Maintain staff archive files and produce references when requested.
· Assist in the recruitment of staff by placing advertisements, preparing job descriptions, arranging
· interviews and to remain involved and advise throughout.
· Securing references and preparing contracts for new staff.
· Oversight of induction process for new staff
· Oversight of probationary period for new staff
· Completing the October school workforce census
· Maintain and review the Single Central Register and ensure that it is complete.
· Monitor staff absence and punctuality, using Inventory.
· Ensuring return to work interviews take place as appropriate and follow-up with Occupational Health as determined by the Headteacher.
· Completion of monthly absence reports
· Complete the payroll report in a timely manner each month.
· Participate in and support the performance management policy
· Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy
· Assist in the development of the Academy Improvement Plan and its review mechanism
· Undertake other tasks as reasonably required by the Headteacher
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 For All Referral Scheme – £100 for referrer and £100 for referred candidate (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.