We are seeking a professional, caring individual who wants to provide the best possible education for children with additional needs.
The role will involve assisting the class teacher in a range of duties to support students on a whole class basis and occasionally 1:1 support with a specific child to ensure this pupil makes progress on targeted areas. You will assist in the development of this child’s learning under the guidance of teaching staff/senior colleagues. You may be asked to provide ad hoc support to other pupils in the classroom. You will provide playground supervision as needed during breaktime and lunchtime.
• An individual who can enthuse and motivate children.
• A commitment to support the highest standards of learning.
• An ability to communicate, work as part of a successful team, take on board advice and use initiative.
• An individual who is organised, efficient and flexible in their approach.
• Someone who has experience of working with students who require support to understand concepts and express their ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Someone with a willingness to further develop and widen their own skills.
The person will be required to work 8.30 – 15.30pm Monday to Friday with half an hour lunch break each day, a total of 31.25 hours per week. This role is a term time only, ongoing contract until and is linked to the funding for a pupil. We would like the suitable candidate to start as soon as possible and may contact candidates as applications are submitted.
Previous experience of the knowledge and skills for the role is desirable although we can offer a supportive staff team and further training as necessary.
The applicant should have a minimum of GCSE Grade C in English and Maths, or equivalent, and have good verbal and written skills.
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and all applicants are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.