Full Time, Permanent
MPS/UPS plus SEN
We are seeking to appoint a qualified secondary PE Teacher on a full time, permanent basis on behalf of a specialist school in Canterbury.
You will be able to teach students across Key Stages 2-4 who are placed at the school by the Local Authority in order for their social, emotional, mental health and academic needs are best met within a specialist environment. You will take responsibility for planning and teaching up to and including GCSE or equivalent, whilst also providing pastoral support to develop individualised lesson plans for pupils whereby you will liaise with colleagues re: baseline assessments and schemes of work. You will also contribute to the development of curriculum innovations, behaviour management strategies, accreditation, policies, and procedures within the school, as well as delivering the subject area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of teaching a minimum of one to two subject areas with evidence of achieving successful outcomes in relation to progress and / or at GCSE / Levels 1 and 2 Functional Skills.
- Experience of working with disaffected pupils who display emotional and behavioural difficulties and/or on the autistic spectrum and to evidence progress and outcomes for those pupils which are in line with their potential.
- Confidence in managing highly challenging behaviour and ability to resolve issues independently, showing experience in supporting young people in addressing their behavioural barriers to learning and reintegration beyond school.
- Possession of a recognised teaching qualification together with an in-depth knowledge of the informal and formal education of children and young people.
- Evidence of development of new curriculum materials to engage disaffected young people, children, and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and those on the autistic spectrum.
Click ‘Apply’ today with a copy of your most up to date CV or alternatively, call for more information about the school and role.
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out for the successful candidate.