Twenty4Seven Education are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed teaching assistant for a secondary school in Kidderminster for a full-time temporary role commencing September 2022.
The position is initially offered on a temporary basis while funding is confirmed but has potential to become a permanent appointment. This role is full time, five days a week, term time only.
A co-educational free school rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, located in Kidderminster, offering education to children from 4 years up to 18 years of age. Although under one roof, the school has separate primary, secondary and sixth form sections, ensuring a smooth transition between each one. They offer a broad and inclusive curriculum including the creative arts and PE in order to provide equal opportunity for each student to excel in their preferred subject whilst continuing to emphasise the importance of core subjects.
Teaching Assistant supporting teaching and learning of a small group of KS3 students who have been diagnose with additional needs recognised by individual EHCP’s. Experience with moderate learning difficulties including ASD and ADHD, and social, emotional, and mental health needs is advantageous for this role. You will be working with students in small groups and on a one-to-one basis as required whilst providing a peaceful learning environment where students can develop independent study skills and reach their full potential.
The idea candidate will be able to…
- Support KS3 students on a 1 to1 basis or in small groups
- Assist with literacy and numeracy and general subject knowledge
- Support students with diagnosed and undiagnosed additional needs including moderate learning difficulties and social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties
- Work collaboratively with other members of the SEN team, senior leaders, parents/guardians, and outside agencies
- Provide effective learning strategies, tailored to each student