We are actively seeking a teaching assistant/school support worker for an SEN school in Canterbury. The school requires individuals who are passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children and young adults with additional needs such as social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) and autism (ASD). This is a permanent position due to commence ASAP.
Applicants must be willing to work with students with learning difficulties and additional needs and/or have relevant previous experience working with SEN children or adults. This role is full time, term time only which means you have all of the schools holidays off and weekends/evenings to yourself. Perfect for someone with a young family or looking for a work-life balance.
32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 CPD days, 8.30am – 3.30pm.
Salary Kent Range 3 £13,920 (fte £18,425) plus SEN Allowance of £1323.
- Experience with SEND children and/or adults
- Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all be patient.
- Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, and safeguarding
- willing to have a child and adult DBS check
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Team Teach desirable but not a must
- Communication and language experience desirable but not a must
- Personal care
Typical duties of a school support worker:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
- Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Personal care
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ and a member of the team will be in touch. If successful you will be invited to interview at the school. Date to be confirmed.
We are very keen to speak with Learning Support Assistants, Residential Workers, Youth workers, SEN Teaching Assistants, Support Workers who are interested in this position. If you feel that this is you, please get in touch ASAP by contacting Charlotte today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Salary Kent Range 3 £13,920 (fte £18,425) plus SEN Allowance of £1323
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!