Teacher of Business Studies
Location: Chatham, Kent
£27,186 – £42,192
We at Twenty 4 Seven Education are delighted to be working alongside a grammar school within a trust of high performing primary and secondary schools. This particular school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher of business studies who will work with students from year 7 to 13. This post is suitable for ECTs as well as experienced teachers and an additional TLR is available for particularly strong candidates.
Rated “good” in its last OFSTED inspection, this is a successful boy’s grammar school which also has a large mixed sixth form. The school places huge importance on celebrating successes, whether they be academic, sporting or anything else. The school believes in equipping its students with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world and a large number of the students go on to top universities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the teaching of business studies across KS3, 4 and 5.
As a teacher of business studies, you will:
- Plan and deliver high quality business lessons in line with the school’s curriculum
- Teach in a manner that promotes the progress of all students in a class, being ready to adapt resources or methods according to the needs of the individual students
- Assess, record and report on students’ progress in line with the departmental policies
- Guide and inspire students with regard to careers and further education, pointing them in the direction of of specialist advice when needed
- Undertake appraisals and carry out CPDs to further professional development
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning, ready to embrace new ideas
- Have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Have proven good or outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments particularly those relating to business studies
- Be a team player, with a good sense of humour, willing to work as part of teams across the school
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school
A TLR payment may also be available for a strong candidate.