Teacher of DT
Location: Chatham, Kent
£27,186 – £42,192
At Twenty 4 Seven Education, we are thrilled to be working alongside an OFSTED rated “good” secondary school within a successful trust of high performing primary and secondary schools. This particular school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher of DT who can teach the subject across all year groups from year 7 to 13. This post is suitable for ECTs with a passion for the subject as well as more experienced teachers.
This mixed comprehensive school has a broad 11-18 curriculum which is geared towards ensuring that its students achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points and leave school with the knowledge and skills they need to cope with the challenges of modern life. Their mission is to overcome barriers to academic and personal achievement through providing an inclusive and caring learning environment that recognizes the value of the individual.
This role is suitable for someone who is motivated and has a positive and open-minded approach to teaching. The successful applicant will be responsible for the teaching of DT throughout Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. The ideal candidate must have a true passion for the subject, and as long as they do, this role is suitable for ECTs or experienced teachers.
As a teacher of DT, you will:
- Plan and deliver high quality lessons in line with the school’s curriculum
- Teach in a manner that promotes the progress of all students in a class, being ready to adapt resources or methods according to the needs of the individual students
- Assess, record and report on students’ progress in line with the departmental policies
- Guide and inspire students with regard to careers and further education, pointing them in the direction of specialist advice when needed
- Undertake appraisals and carry out CPDs to further professional development
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for design technology
- Is a qualified teacher
- Is passionate about teaching and learning, has a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Has strong and effective classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum whilst maintaining constant high standards for health and safety
- Will have high expectations for themself and the students to ensure that they all achieve their very best
- Will be happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Will contribute to the values, ethos and the development of the school