Teacher of Music
Location: Deal, Kent
£27,186 – £42,192 (potential TLR of £2,842)
We at Twenty 4 Seven Education are delighted to be working alongside a modern secondary school within a successful trust of high performing primary and secondary schools. This particular school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher of music who can teach the subject across all year groups from year 7 to 13. This post is suitable for ECTs as well as experienced teachers and the school will also consider unqualified teachers for this role.
This vacancy is offered in a new and vibrant mixed secondary academy which, as well as a broad curriculum, has a thriving extra-curricular programme in everything from sport to drama. Catering to key stages 3, 4 and 5, staff here are committed to transforming the life chances of their students, ensuring that each and every one is supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute best, and as such they are looking for a passionate and motivated teacher of music to join the team.
As a music teacher, you’ll be responsible for teaching classes from year seven to thirteen including exam classes. The successful applicant, whether an ECT, experienced teacher or unqualified teacher, will be able to deliver dynamic and engaging lessons with commitment and enthusiasm.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- The planning and delivering of high quality music lessons in line with the school’s curriculum
- Teaching in a manner that engages and promotes the progress of all students in a class
- Assessing, recording and reporting on students’ progress in line with the departmental policies
- Guiding and inspiring students with regard to extra curricular hobbies & skills, further education and careers
- Undertaking appraisals and carrying out CPDs to further professional development
- Being prepared to undertake additional responsibilities such as preparing students for musical productions
The ideal candidate:
- Is a qualified or experienced music teacher
- Has experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Has a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments
- Will be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Is able to motivate their students
- Will be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Will be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the academy
- Has excellent knowledge of music
A leadership opportunity with an additional TLR of £2,842 is available for the right candidate.