Teacher of Science (Biology Specialist)
Location: Chatham, Kent
£27,186 – £42,192
We at Twenty 4 Seven Education are delighted to be working alongside a grammar school within a successful trust of high performing primary and secondary schools. This particular school is looking for an enthusiastic teacher of science who has a specialist knowledge of biology and will work with students from year 7 to 13. This post is suitable for ECTs as well as experienced teachers.
Rated “good” in its last OFSTED inspection, this is a successful boy’s grammar school which also has a large mixed sixth form. The school places huge importance on celebrating successes, whether they be academic, sporting or anything else. The school believes in equipping its students with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world and a large number of the students go on to top universities.
This role is suitable for someone who has a positive and open approach to teaching. The successful applicant will be responsible for the teaching of science, with a particular emphasis on biology, across KS3, 4 and 5.
As a teacher of science, you will:
- Plan and deliver high quality science lessons in line with the school’s curriculum
- Teach in a manner that promotes the progress of all students in a class, being ready to adapt resources or methods according to the needs of the individual students
- Assess, record and report on students’ progress in line with the departmental policies
- Guide and inspire students with regard to careers and further their education, pointing them in the direction of of specialist advice when needed
- Undertake appraisals and carry out CPDs to further professional development
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning, ready to embrace new ideas
- Have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Have proven good or outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present science curriculum developments particularly those relating to biology
- Be a team player, with a good sense of humour, willing to work as part of teams across the school
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school