A lovely school we work with in Cradley Heath are searching for a strong and confident SEN TA to start work immediately. This role is long term until further notice. The hours are 8.15am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. For this role candidates will be expected to work within a year 3 setting alongside two SEN children. You will be there to support with their school work and to assist with tasks set for them. Successful candidates will need to have an enhanced DBS on the update service.
• Experience with SEND children
• Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all be patient.
• Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, and safeguarding
• willing to have a child and adult DBS check
• Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
• Team Teach desirable but not a must
• Communication and language experience desirable but not a must
Typical duties of a SEND Teaching Assistant:
• Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes
• Supervise and support pupils in access of learning
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans and Personal Care programmes.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
• Personal care
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• Competitive rates of pay
• Up to £100 referral scheme*
• CPD courses
• A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
• Long term positions to suit your needs
• Opportunities to progress in your career
• Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Twenty4seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.