*SEN Teaching Assistant
*£80-100 per Day
Do you have a passion to make a difference to the lives of pupils?
Are you positive and have a resilient nature?
Do you relish a challenge?
If so, then we have two SEN Schools in the Greenwich area that are seeking adaptable and motivated Teaching Assistants to either work on a daily supply basis or for long term or permanent roles. This is due to an increase in pupil numbers. The School needs passionate and nurturing Teaching Assistants who reflect their School values:
Respectful, safe, aspirational and belonging.
Both Schools are based in Greenwich catering for children with special educational needs age 4-11. Children have a range of SEN needs including moderate to severe learning difficulties, Autism and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). They have excellent facilities and attractive and well-maintained grounds to encourage both indoor and outdoor learning. Pupils are valued as individuals and they can develop their confidence, self-esteem, independence, self-discipline and respect. They provide a personalised approach to learning, to motivate and engage pupils to have a love of learning.
Support staff are heavily involved in:
* The development of a communication-based/sensory curriculum that is appropriate in content and structure for pupils with severe/complex learning difficulties
* Establishing curriculum differentiation to support access for pupils with severe/complex learning difficulties
* The development of early communication
* Building up evidence portfolios and teaching and learning resources
* Supporting pupils to regulate their behaviour
The ideal candidate:
* A Teaching Assistant qualification (ie. Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools) although not essential
* Feel confident working with children on a whole class/group/1:1 basis under the guidance of their teacher
* Good numeracy and literacy skills – GCSE Maths and English
* Previous experience of working with children especially those with SEN needs
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Basic understanding of child development and learning
* Ability to use basic technology
* Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
The key benefits for working with us are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
** Long term positions to suit your needs
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!