1-1 Teaching Assistant – Smethwick
Location: Smethwick, Sandwell
SEN Specialism: 1-1 ASC / ADHD (Primary Mainstream Year 5)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time
Pay Rate: £75-£90 per day
We are urgently looking for a passionate and hard-working Teaching Assistant for a primary school in Smethwick to join their team, starting ASAP on an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Smethwick on a regular basis!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a child identified with Autism (ASC) and/or ADHD. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This forward-thinking Primary School located in Smethwick caters for students aged 3-11 and are inclusive to students identified with Special Educational Needs (SEN). They provide an environment where children are encouraged to become independent learners through a range of teaching and learning strategies. They aim to provide pupils with teaching and learning opportunities of the highest quality, and a curriculum that fulfils the requirements of the National Curriculum and meets their individual needs.
Ideal Candidate will:
· Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
· Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASC) and ADHD.
· Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
· Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
· Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
· Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle/Sophie from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· FREE Safeguarding Training
· £100 For All Referral Scheme
· Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
· Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.