Casual Learning Mentor – Worcestershire – ASAP
* Location: Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester, Evesham and surrounding areas
* Start date: ASAP
* Contract: Casual – (ideally available Monday to Friday)
* Hours: 8:30 am- 3:30 pm
* Pay rate: £75-85 per day
Numerous Mainstream and Special Needs Schools across Worcestershire are seeking passionate, proactive, and personable Teaching Assistants for daily supply and short/long term roles.
We have been inundated with schools requesting supply staff, so if you are available Monday to Friday and you are caring, reliable, and flexible then please get in touch!
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office.
* You will help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs, encouraging the pupils to stay on task
* You will monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the class teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
* You will assist in the recording of lessons and assessments as required by the class teacher
* You will provide personal care to pupils as and when required
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification — CACHE Level 2/3 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience in supporting pupils identified with having SEND
* Experience in assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Experience in using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton, or PECS is admirable
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills — both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults — you will need an up-to-date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits of working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)
* Exclusive access to FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training sessions
* FREE access to multiple online CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.