Computer Science Teacher – Nuneaton – ASAP
Twenty 4 Seven Education are working with a thriving Secondary School in Nuneaton who are looking for a full time Computer Science Teacher, to start with them ASAP until the end of the academic year (July 2022.)
This ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated Secondary School equally values achievement in all forms: artistic, academic, social, cultural, sporting and intellectual. Their wide curriculum gives scope for students to express preferences and enhance their abilities. They are strongly committed to ensuring that all of the young people in their care make excellent academic progress and they take great pride in securing both impressive progress and high attainment for their students, whatever their starting points. This School is amongst the highest-achieving non-selective comprehensive schools in Warwickshire and performs within the top 15% of Schools nationally.
The Computer Science & ICT Department ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to take part in challenging lessons that promote and nurture computer science. All students will develop computational thinking; which can then be employed as a cross-curricular skill. They aim to cultivate both independent and collaborative learners. Students are equipped to use technology with an open mind-set inclusive of moral, social and ethical drawbacks and benefits. All students are educated around the dangers and opportunities that computer science, inclusive of ICT contain.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver high-quality lessons that engage, inspire and challenge KS3 and KS4 pupils, ensuring pupils can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation. They will be able to analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems. They will be able to evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems. Lastly, pupils will become responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have good subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting (KS5 is advantageous but not essential)
* A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people
* Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons
* The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
* An awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress
* Excellent organisational and ICT skills
* Good communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* A valid enhanced DBS check on the update service (or be willing to process one with us)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
* FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.