Food Technology and Catering Teacher – Coventry – September
- Start date – September
- Contract – Full time, Permanent
- Salary – Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
- Location – Coventry
A Secondary School in Coventry are seeking to recruit an excellent Teacher of Food Technology to join their innovative and highly collaborative Design Technology Department. The successful candidate must be talented and committed, with the character, skills and drive necessary to inspire students and the ability to deliver engaging lessons of the highest quality. This is a full time role starting September on a permanent contract.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School aims to foster curiosity in the modern world through the awe and wonder of their varied and ever evolving subjects. They recognise the uniqueness of every child, children here are encouraged to respect themselves, the school community and the wider world. They aim to develop the whole child – spiritually, morally, socially, physically and academically so they become positive citizens of the future.
The Catering Department want pupils to be taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating. Instilling a love of cooking in pupils will also open a door to one of the great expressions of human creativity. Learning how to cook is a crucial life skill that enables pupils to feed themselves and others affordably and well, now and in later life.
Your new role:
** You will need to plan and deliver engaging lessons that encourage pupils to:
– Understand and apply the principles of nutrition
– Have a good awareness of food hygiene
– Have a good understanding of health and safety including foods that can cause ill health and how to prevent food poisoning
– Gain an awareness of the hospitality and catering industry
– Develop menu planning and design skills
– Cook a repertoire of dishes during practical tasks so that they are able to feed themselves and others a healthy and varied diet
– Become competent in a range of cooking techniques
– Understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients
** You will then need to monitor and assess students to ensure they make maximum progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* This role is also suitable for ECTs looking for a supportive School to complete their induction year
* Have good Food Technology subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting
* Have an up to date food hygiene certificate
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*£100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
*FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
*Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.