Food Technology Teacher – Coventry – September
Start date – September 2022
Contract – Full time, Permanent
Salary – Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
Location – Coventry
A Secondary School in Coventry are seeking to recruit an excellent Teacher of Food Technology to join their innovative and highly collaborative Design Technology Department. The successful candidate must be talented and committed, with the character, skills and drive necessary to inspire students and the ability to deliver engaging lessons of the highest quality. This is a full time role starting September on a permanent contract.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School exists to equip students to live life in all its fullness by providing excellent education which is inclusive of all. They aim to provide a broad & ambitious curriculum that provides all students with the opportunity to flourish academically and achieve their full potential.
Your new role:
** You will need to plan and deliver engaging lessons that encourage pupils to:
– Understand and apply the principles of nutrition
– Have a good awareness of food hygiene
– Have a good understanding of health and safety including foods that can cause ill health and how to prevent food poisoning
– Gain an awareness of the hospitality and catering industry
– Develop menu planning and design skills
– Cook a repertoire of dishes during practical tasks so that they are able to feed themselves and others a healthy and varied diet
– Become competent in a range of cooking techniques
– Understand the source, seasonality and characteristics of a broad range of ingredients
** You will then need to monitor and assess students to ensure they make maximum progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* This role is also suitable for ECTs looking for a supportive School to complete their induction year
* Have good Food Technology subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting
* Have an up to date food hygiene certificate
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*£100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
*FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
*Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.