Geography Teacher – Rugby – September
* Start date – September
* Contract – Full time, Temp to Perm
* Salary – Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
* Location – Rugby, Warwickshire
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for a versatile, highly effective and qualified Geography Teacher to work within a Secondary School in Rugby, Warwickshire. This full time role is to start September on temp to perm contract. The school are looking for someone who can bring their love for the subject and complement their team with innovation and energy.
ECTs are welcome to apply – Staff are exceptionally well supported within the department, it is very much an open-door school where collegiality and team work is valued to the highest degree.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School is an ethnically mixed 11-18 comprehensive school, their aim is to put students at the heart of everything. They want students to develop the confidence, skills and qualifications to ensure that they are happy and successful.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver high-quality Geography lessons to enable pupils to gain an in-depth understanding of the world around us and to develop a critical awareness of the issues of the day, whilst engaging in interesting opportunities to develop thinking skills and decision making faculties. You will then need to monitor and assess pupils using effective assessment to ensure pupils progress.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* This role is also suitable for ECTs looking for a supportive School to complete their induction year
* Able to teach National Curriculum Geography
* Be adaptable, organised, dynamic and hardworking
* Understand the requirements for high quality teaching and have a desire to positively impact students learning and achieve highly
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
* Be able to use ICT in all aspects of your work and embrace new technologies and ideas that enhance learning
* Have excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines
* Have good interpersonal and communications skills
* Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.