Learning Mentor – Coventry – September
Pay rate: £70-80 per day
A Secondary School in Coventry are seeking a Learning Mentor for a full time role starting September for an ongoing role. You will be expected to support individual pupils or small groups of pupils who need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Secondary School aims to provide an outstanding academic and pastoral education which will allow all pupils to acquire the skills needed to guide them through the challenges that they will face during their School life and beyond. The School is built upon four core values: Knowledge, Ambition, Resilience, and Respect, which are the foundation of all the strategic and operational decisions made within the School. By focusing upon these core values, they believe they can support young people as they take on the challenges of living in the 21st Century.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will work in lessons following the direction of the class teacher and/or take individuals or small groups of students outside of lessons, to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Lead academic interventions with pupils working below age expected levels
* Remove pupils from class when their behaviours are disruptive to others
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Confident to work across the Secondary age range, demonstrating high expectations of pupil’s achievement
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Possess good behaviour management
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.